Gratin of Courgettes
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 37g
Saturated Fat 22g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1kg courgettes, sliced
- 200g fresh goat's cheese
- 4 eggs
- 500g single cream
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven 200°C/gas 6.
- Steam cook the courgettes al denté, and let them rest in order to release some of the water.
- Crush together the garlic, basil, salt and pepper into a paste.
- In an oven proof dish, lay the courgette slices and spread with the goat's cheese.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with the cream and the garlic paste, and pour over the courgettes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180C/gas 4 and cook for a further 30 minutes, until golden.
This can be served hot as an accompaniment to a roast meat, or cold with a salad.