Homemade Sausage Rolls
The real thing!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 1g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Packet good quality sausages
- 1 packet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- Zest of one lemon
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Crushed garlic clove (optional)
- Preheat oven 200C/ Gas 6.
- Cut the sausages in half and take out the filling.
- Place in a bowl and mash with the herbs, lemon zest and crushed garlic (optional).
- Lay out the pastry sheet and cut into 2 rectangles. Beat the egg with a little water and brush over both sheets of pastry.
- Spoon the meat mixture in the middle of the pastry sheets, season and roll up. Press and cut into small pieces.
- Lay them on an oiled baking sheet and pop in the oven for 20-30 minutes, till golden.
- Let them cool